Take a virtual tour of campus by clicking on different areas of the image. Start by following the breezeway to the right.
Volunteers from the SSEDS community have joined together to create a greener school by developing and implementing programs that focus on:
- Teaching children about the environment while encouraging good stewardship of our earth by reducing, reusing, and recycling.
- Sustainably using our resources such as energy, supplies, and food.
- Creating a green and healthy space to work, learn, eat and play.
Some Programs Now Underway:
- Increased Native Landscaping
- Student Energy Patrol
- Lunch Room Improvements: Healthy Eating & 3Rs
- School Uniform Recycling Program
- On-Campus Recycling Center
- Improved Classroom Energy Conservation
- Increased Water Conservation with Rain Catchments
- Participation in the Green Schools Challenge, sponsored by the Dream in Green organization.